Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Perfect Baby

I defiinitely was not going to fall in love with just one baby. That was so unfair and I decided before hand I wasn't gonna do that. Plan A was to play with all the babies and to love everyone of them, that was plan A.
 The first day we walked in there were babies everywhere, my plan was going to work perfectly! But I watched as every person in the group started to kind of pick out one certain baby each. And by the end of the day everyone each had their own "baby."
  Well if nobody was gonna follow my plan I could play their game too. Plan B Find a perfect baby. 
The next day I started looking around for my own special baby. I was looking for a perfect baby.
  I picked up some babies and played with them a while but most of them got squirmy and I put them down. I picked up one little girl and took her off to play. As I scanned the room still looking for a perfect baby, she cuddled in my lap and played with some toys. By the end of our two hours we had she actually cried when I left.
  When we came back a few hours later we went back into the baby room and I began another search for my "perfect baby" I noticed as a Nannie brought in the girl I had been playing with earlier. She sat her on her stomach and left. I watched her out of the corner of my eye as she reached for a toy she couldn't get to.  
Her eyes looked around the room as if to say "Where's someone to play with me?"
  And I knew that I needed a baby to hold. 
 Suddenly a Nannie walked towards her to pick her up."Oh no she did-nĂ¢'t!" I quickly snatched her up like a hawk and skipped away leaving a surprised Nannie behind. I smiled to myself feeling proud of my ninja like moves. Me and her played silently for a while, examining each other cautiously. I can honestly say I didn't even notice her special need at first. On one hand she is missing her two middle fingers so she has permanent "I love you" in sign language. How much cuter can you get? She has some other "special" hands and feet like that but that's it.
  I have nicknamed her"Miss serious" cause she always looks so serious when I see her. But don't worry I've gotten some smiles out of her.
  Its funny how much you can get to know a baby in five days. I've learned some interesting things about her.
  I knew I was looking down on my "Perfect baby" when she fell asleep in my arms. Every baby in the room was perfect, in their own way but this one was MY perfect baby. I was kind of upset when I found out that she was being adopted she couldn't leave! But then guess I realized that I would also be leaving soon and got over it. I am now getting lots of pictures of her for her new family and even bought her a new clean outfit for her to wear at the orphanage while she waits for her family.
  I don't want to tell her goodbye. But she is gonna have one lucky family. Cause now they get the "Perfect baby"

No comments:

Post a Comment